TEST YOUR GPO/IDN Savvy Now!
- Manufacture or distribute products for the healthcare sector?
- Is your goal to increase market share and/or improve contract uptake?
Then you need to know about Group Purchasing Organizations and Integrated Delivery Networks.
- Hospitals have been using GPOs for decades to negotiate savings on purchases.
- GPOs usually operate by aggregating member purchases, using volume to negotiate discounts from vendors and manufacturers.
- GPOs earn their revenue from vendors based on volume of purchases made.
- IDNs are comprised of a network of physicians and hospitals and this aggregation helps to improve supply chain costs.